Terms and Conditions
This Website is operated by Aquatera Limited (SC206441) on behalf of the EVOLVE Project.
The EVOLVE Project is made up of Aquatera Limited, The University of Edinburgh, Orbital Marine Power Limited, CorPower Ocean AB, Wave EC – Offshore Renewables and the Research Institutes of Sweden. The purpose of the EVOLVE Project is to demonstrate the important role that ocean energy can play in Europe’s future low carbon energy system not only by supplying power to Europe’s grid, but also by enabling a more diverse energy mix and cost-effective matching of energy supply and demand.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Consortium (referred to as either “the Consortium”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to the EVOLVE Project Partners which include Aquatera Limited, The University of Edinburgh, Orbital Marine Power Limited, CorPower Ocean AB, Wave EC – Offshore Renewables and the Research Institutes of Sweden.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Terms and Conditions (also referred as “Terms”) mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Consortium regarding the use of the Service.
- Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
- Website refers to the EVOLVE website, accessible from www.evolveenergy.eu
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Consortium. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
You represent that you are over the age of 18. The Company does not permit those under 18 to use the Service.
While we try to make our website available at all times, we do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We will not be liable if our Website is unavailable for any period of time.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Consortium.
The Consortium has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Consortium shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
We may terminate or suspend Your access immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately.
Limitation of Liability
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, delict (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards above.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of these Website Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
"AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Consortium, on its own behalf and on behalf of its Affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, the Consortium provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Service will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be 100% secure or free from bugs or viruses and you are responsible for configuring your own computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
We provide our Website free of charge and the content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website and ensure its accuracy, we make no guarantee that the content or information on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Linking to our Website
You may link to any page on our Website as long as the link is for fair and legal purposes and is not used to damage or take advantage of our reputation. We do move and delete pages from time to time, so links to anything other than our home page may not always work. We may request links to be removed at any time, or if they contravene these Website Terms.
We own, or have licenses and/or permissions to use, the copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights contained in the content and materials on our Website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. If you think any content or material published on our Website infringes your intellectual property or other rights, please let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will investigate and take down such material where appropriate. You must not sell, license, distribute or otherwise make available the content of our Website without our permission. Nothing on our Website gives anyone a licence or right to use any of the content without our prior written consent. If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us.
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if We have made them available to you on our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
These Website Terms are governed by the law of Scotland.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Consortium at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We keep our Website Terms under regular review. These Website Terms were last updated on the date shown below. It is likely that as the Project proceeds that we may change our Website Terms from time to time.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us: email@example.com.
By email: Version 1.0 – 20 September 2021